Monday, April 13, 2015

GTA V: PC Version

This last week, I purchased the newest big game for the PC, Grand Theft Auto V. It was recently remastered for the PS4 and Xbox One, and is finally coming to the PC. I have exclusively played the online version, in which you can play with your friends, and the only reason I actually bought the game. The new missions and graphics bring new feelings to the game, and make it more immersive. 

Some new features have been added to the PC version to spruce up the critically acclaimed title. One of the most noticeable is the new first person mode. Being able to see the game through your own characters eyes is something GTA players have never been able to do before, and pear are very excited about it. I think it adds a new edge to a simple police chase or the most complex of heists. Another new feature is the in-depth heist missions, which are multi-step crimes, such as robberies or jailbreaks, that you can perform with a group of buddies. I have done anywhere from a small bank heist to a large scale jail breakout. 

Another feature that I really enjoy is playing the story mode in first person. I have played the amazing campaign in third person on the PS3 before, but not in first person with this much graphical edge. I am a few missions into the story and it feels like a whole new experience again.

I still prefer to play online, though, because playing with real people is just so much more fun than just playing out scripted sequences that the programmers have laid out for me. I love playing on a server with 10 other random people across my region in the world, fighting it out in the streets or stealing money from a person that just robbed a gas station.

Under all of these new features still lies the amazing game that Rockstar developed. The incredible and atmospheric city environment is definitely the best I have ever seen. I can't wait to see what modders can do with the content to make it even more exciting and different from any other gaming experience.

Word Count: 363

No comments:

Post a Comment