Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Star Wars: Battlefront 3 Confirmed

Boy Am I Excited...

Last year's E3 gaming conference heralded the exciting information that DICE, the developers of the Battlefield franchise, would be creating a new Star Wars: Battlefront game for the new generation technology. The hype for the game was revitalized early this year, with new footage filmed through the "in-game engine" looking absolutely brilliant. Now I am here to weigh in on the game, as far as what I think it could, and should, be.

I'd like to start off with some back story, and with my history in the Star Wars Universe. I have loved the Star Wars movies ever since I was a kid, and got engrossed in the legend and lore of the massive scale universe. When I first played the original Battlefront game, I was just in 1st grade (2005). I was fascinated by the game, and played it for hours and hours upon more hours, all because I could be a foot soldier involved in the massive wars that took place in the world of Star Wars. I was a clone soldier fighting on the jungle planet Naboo. I could be a Wookie on the planet Kashyyyk, or even a droid. My all-time favorite role, however, had to be the Jedi. The saber-wielding specialized fighters have a special place in any Star Wars fan's heart. The first Battlefront did not include this, but Star Wars: Battlefront II was quick to add that feature. I could be Mace Windu, Anakin and Luke Skywalker, the powerful Obi-Wan Kenobi, or even the great and mystical Yoda. I bought the second Battlefront on PC last year, and have been able to relive my childhood dreams in the amazing and wonderful universe that makes up Star Wars.

This winter, the dream is coming back.

DICE has announced that the game will be coming out around the same time as the new Star Wars VII movie, which will be around the holiday season this year. I am very excited to see what the very innovative developers can do with the cutting-edge "next-gen" technology to bring on a new phase in this very hyped, albeit late (in my opinion), sequel to the Battlefront Series. DICE will be using their very powerful Frostbite 3 engine to develop the game. This engine is used to run EA's Battlefield 4, Need for Speed Rivals, and Battlefield Hardline. Early footage from the in-game engine for Battlefront features amazing immersive environments on the planets of Hoth and Endor, both very famous in Star Wars lore. I am sure that this game will have the most up-to-date graphics available, along with new-and-improved animations, particle effects, destruction, and more.

The biggest issue I have with the upcoming game is with none other than the very publisher of the title. Electronic Arts (EA), is responsible for what many would call the ruination of the Battlefield series, as well as countless other poor-quality game builds being released before the developer (DICE) has had the proper amount of time to give the audience the best game possible. Battlefield 4, released in late 2013, came out with an amazing list of bugs present, and put a lot of people off as they were expecting the best FPS game to date.

If EA screws up this game as horridly as they have others, I might have to completely quit on the company and their games. This franchise is very near and dear to my heart, and many other people are on the same boat as me. So, I am expecting EA and DICE to respect the hearts of their fans, and release the game fully complete and bug-free.

For EA's sake, they better do this right.

Word Count: 614

No comments:

Post a Comment